Clinical Running Gait Analysis
What Is Clinical Running Gait Analysis?
Gait analysis evaluates the biomechanical abnormalities in the gait cycle during walking or running. At Moreau Physical Therapy, Dr. Kasey Hill uses cutting edge video technology to evaluate strength, flexibility, and running mechanics. Dr. Hill will analysis his findings and educate you on ways to prevent and or treat the injury. A gait analysis can also be used to improve your strength, endurance, and running technique.
Clinical Running Gait Analysis includes the following services:
- Running focused physical examination evaluating flexibility, strength, balance, and stability.
- Detailed running history including training, footwear, injuries, and cross-training.
- Slow motion video and Optogait assisted gait analysis looking for any movement abnormalities that can lead to damage or inefficiency.
- Detailed written treatment plan including thorough instruction on how to perform corrective exercises, and exercise progressions that you can follow for months of training.
- Functional drills to help incorporate more efficient movement patterns.
- Personalized shoe and orthotic advice.
For those who want extra hands-on guidance, they can schedule 30 minute follow-up visits with our physical therapists to make sure you are performing exercises correctly.
Follow-Up Clinical Running Gait Analysis
Follow-up one-hour gait analysis to measure improvement and recommend advanced progressions if needed.
Gait Re-Training Session
20 minute session using biofeedback to improve running form and reduce the risk of injury.